We are very excited to invite you to submit your spirits brand to participate in the 4th Annual BERLIN INTERNATIONAL SPIRITS COMPETITION (“BISC”) taking place this year on March 5-6th, 2017 at the Kempinski Hotel Bristol in Berlin. This competition stands out as the only European spirits competition where all the judges are real trade buyers judging the spirits by its category and actual price.
• All spirits are judged by every brand’s TRUE key trade target – buyers, retail stores, restaurant & bar owners, distributors and importers. Unlike other competitions, these expert TRADE ONLY judges and their opinions have immediate impact and the ability to make a direct influence on sales and a brand’s bottom line. The judges are judging the spirits as if they are buying for their business.
• Each product category has a sub category for pricing. Therefore, a spirit will be judged in its category along with other spirits in its same price range. Each category will have its own pricing levels and details are listed on the submission form. For example, $35 rum will be placed into a judging category alongside $40 rum and not a $70 rum. The judges will know the actual retail price for the spirit they are judging.
• Brands will be rated on a set of criteria including appearance, aroma, taste, mouthfeel and finish. Upon completion of the tastings, panelists will confer and decide which spirits are award worthy.
• Award levels are Double Gold, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
- Double Gold: Phenomenal Product for Buyers
- Gold: Buyers “Love” It
- Silver: Buyers “Like” It
- Bronze: Buyers will purchase it
• Double Gold award winners will be re-tasted by all panelists to establish which brands may be eligible to receive a ‘Best of Category’ endorsement in its pricing category
• Open to all commercially produced spirits made in Europe or Rest of World. We expect 15-20% of those who submit are looking to enter the European Market for the first time or get honest feedback from real trade buyers.
• While other competitions award medals to up to 85% of entrants, the BISC judges only award the brands that are most deserving. This will be same philosophy as the NYISC which awarded only 47% of its entrants. Thus, it will become one of the most respected European spirits competition in the industry. Winning the Berlin International Spirits Competition will be more meaningful and certainly more impactful and relevant to media and especially the trade –ultimately having a more significant and direct impact on sales.
BENEFITS AND VISIBILITY:
The BISC will offer brand exposure in the following ways:
• All winning brands will be listed on the BISC site with its image and link to their website.
• The results of the BISC will be promoted vigorously to trade and consumer media. There will be media onsite reporting on the competition.
• Winning brands will receive an actual medal to represent their win.
• There is no charge for winning brands to use their winning award icons in their marketing or promotional materials.
• The media sponsors will be listing all awarded brands and profiling the top winners
• There will be a formal press release disseminated on behalf of the BISC announcing the winners within two weeks of the competition.
• BISC top winners will be showcased at ProWein in Dusseldorf March 2017 along with the top winners of the New York International Spirits Competition and New York International Wine Competition. There will be no additional charge for the selected winners to participate in the trade show.
The submission process starts October 1st 2016. Submission fee per submission starts at 150 Euros online at the The Data Still and 165 Euros by email/fax. The submission form may be downloaded here.
European and International
Producers may ship their submissions to the address below. WE REQUEST TWO BOTTLES PER SUBMISSION OF EITHER 700ML OR 750 ML. For 350ml please send 3 bottles. If you have different sized bottles please contact us in advance of shipping.
Shipments must be received in the warehouse by February 28th, 2017
IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING BY PAPER FORM...PLEASE SCAN AND OR EMAIL US THE SUBMISSION FORM IN ADVANCE
Berlin International Spirits Competition
v. ++49 34194679564
v USA 19173380163 x 1
Special Shipping Program From The United States
As an added benefit for distilleries, distributors and importers who are based in the United States we are offering a special freight program for the competition from the United States. We are offering free shipping from our warehouse Western Carriers to the Berlin Competition. You are responsible for freight to Western Carriers and we handle the cost of freight to Europe.
USA Free Freight Shipments Must Be at Western Carriers by February 2nd....NO EXCEPTIONS
Berlin International Spirits Competition #707
C/0 Nest Egg/Western Carriers
2220 91st st
Main Building ATTN: Joel Rubins
North Bergen NJ 07047